Everton are reportedly eager to bring Max Aarons to Goodison Park and are working on a potential summer deal, according to Fabrizio Romano.
The 21-year-old right-back has been a key player for Norwich over the past few years, clocking up 117 competitive senior appearances for Daniel Farke’s side.
Aarons enjoyed an amazing breakthrough season in 2018-19 for the Canaries, making 41 appearances in the Championship en route to the title.
He continued to shine in the Premier League and won plenty of plaudits, despite Norwich struggling as a whole and ultimately going back down to the second tier.
Given Aarons’ quality and potential, numerous clubs have been linked with his signature.
TEAMtalk claimed in late December that Everton had been monitoring him for a number of years.
However, the Toffees appeared to have plenty of competition, with the likes of Bayern Munich and Manchester United said to be keen on his services.
On Friday, Romano claimed that Everton want Aarons and are “working on it”.
In addition, Manchester United will reportedly decide in the coming months whether to move for him, and Bayern appear to have dropped out altogether.
Everton want Max Aarons and they’re working on it, confirmed. 🔵 #EFC
Manchester United have scouted him and they’ll decide in the coming months. Bayern Münich after opening talks with Norwich are *not* convinced to pay €35m for him, as @cfbayern reported. 🔴 https://t.co/phsV5Opcb8
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) February 26, 2021
Aarons is a high-calibre player – “outstanding”, according to Daniel Farke – who’s got plenty of room to grow.
Everton, meanwhile, are in need of either bringing through or signing a potential successor for Seamus Coleman.
That said, Everton certainly appear to have shown the most interest, based on the above report.