Report: Club have now accepted that their 'outstanding' player is going to sign for Liverpool in the summer
According to 90min, Fulham have all but accepted that Fabio Carvalho will join Liverpool on a free transfer in the summer.
The Reds’ transfer business last month was dominated by their big-money move for Luis Diaz. The Portuguese attacker is a fantastic talent and many expect him to be a huge star at Anfield.
Jurgen Klopp, however, wanted to bring in another player on transfer deadline day.
A deal for Fulham’s Carvalho was in the works but Liverpool ran out of time to get it over the line.
- ‘Unbelievable’: Harvey Barnes says Liverpool have an amazing player in their ranks, others can learn from him
Fulham have accepted that Fabio Carvalho will join Liverpool
The report claims that a deal between Liverpool and Fulham was almost done, but the paperwork just couldn’t be completed on time. Carvalho had even undergone his Reds medical, but it just wasn’t meant to be on deadline day.
However, both clubs are confident that a transfer will be completed when the summer window opens.
The report reveals that Fulham have all but accepted that the youngster, who has entered the final five months of his contract, will end up at Anfield before the start of next season.
Although Carvalho will be a free agent in the summer, Liverpool or any other club that will sign him will owe Fulham a compensation.
- ‘I’m not saying that Mane’s leaving’: Romano shares what he’s been told on Liverpool star’s contract situation
Carvalho is a fantastic talent, we all know that.
The youngster, still only 19, has scored seven goals and has provided four assists in just 18 Championship games this season. His potential is absolutely massive and under a manager like Klopp, he will only get better in the coming years.
Sky Sports pundit Clinton Morrison is a huge fan of Carvalho. He raved about him on deadline day and claimed that he would’ve been fantastic for Liverpool had the deal gone through.
He said on Sky Sports News (11:17pm, January 31, 2022), as quoted by HITC: “I am gutted for Carvalho. He is a serious, serious talent, he is one of the best youngsters in the Championship. I thought he would have been outstanding for Liverpool.”
You may also like…
- ‘We promised him’: Chairman admits ‘world-class’ Arsenal target is leaving, he wants to join the Gunners
- ‘It happened’: Striker says Aston Villa didn’t sign him after 25-goal season because of one of his tattoos
- Report: Arsenal target has decided to move elsewhere; will sign four-year deal in coming days
- ‘He’ll be rubbing his hands’: Pundit thinks Levy will now sign ‘exceptional’ £40m star for Spurs this summer