Norwich 2012/13 Season Preview
We take a look at Norwich’s prospects leading up to the new Premier league Season.
Manager: Chris Hughton
Stadium: Carrow Road – 27,033
Nickname: The Canaries
2011/12 League Position: 12th
Robert Snodgrass – Leeds – £3m
Michael Turner – Sunderland – £1.5m
Jacob Butterfield – Barnsley – £1m
Steven Whittaker – Rangers – Free
Grant Holt – The news that Norwich’s star striker had signed a new deal was music to the fans’ ears – Holt tormented every teams defence in the league last season. If the Canaries are going to come close to replicating that success, he will need to be on song.
John Ruddy – Ruddy was unbeatable at times last season, he more than deserved his call-up for England during the summer.
Anthony Pilkington –Pilkington made the step up to the Premier League brilliantly last season, he’s a huge goal threat for the Canaries.
- Hughton likes pace in his teams, so Pilkington and Elliot Bennett are likely to start on the wings.
- Holt should lead the line with new signing Robert Snodgrass in behind him. Hoolahan or Morison could also be used in this role.
- The midfield will probably be rotated, with Butterfield, Surman, Crofts and Fox offering strong options.
August 18th Fulham (A), 25th QPR (H), September 1st Tottenham (A), 15th West Ham (H), 22nd Newcastle (A), 29th Liverpool (H)
The Canaries have a year’s experience in the Premier League, but the loss of Paul Lambert could be a major blow. The fans will be hoping for a repeat of their mid-table finish last season and I think they’ll be pleasantly surprised.
Hughton has strengthened the squad with a number of clever signings and Holt’s new contract is extremely positive for the club. I think Norwich will surprise a few people this season, there’s every chance they’ll perform above expectations again. 9th
You may also like…
- Premier League XI from promoted clubs: Norwich, Watford and Brentford
- ‘We don’t lay a glove on him’: Dean Smith says three Arsenal players really hurt Norwich yesterday
- Report: Spurs have ‘greatest chance’ of signing £18.7m PL stalwart Mourinho had one problem with
- Report: Newcastle eye Norwich star Max Aarons