Martin Keown says £20m Newcastle ace 'can wreak havoc' against Spurs on Sunday
Newcastle United striker Callum Wilson can “wreak havoc” against Spurs on Sunday, according to Martin Keown.
It’s been an exciting week on Tyneside in wake of long-awaited takeover by a Saudi-led consortium.
Long-term, the future looks bright at Newcastle – but in the short term, they’ve got to get themselves out of trouble.
The Magpies are still winless in the Premier League this season, having drawn three and lost four of their fixtures.
However, Newcastle have been boosted by the return of Wilson.
The Magpies forward had been sidelined since August with a hamstring injury.
Wilson began the season in great form, scoring in the 4-2 loss to West Ham and the 2-2 draw with Southampton.
Newcastle have felt the £20million man’s absence, but on Friday, Magpies boss Steve Bruce confirmed that the 29-year-old is fit again.
“The only ones not available are Dubravka and Dummett,” he said at his press conference ahead of Sunday’s meeting with Spurs.
“The captain is fit, Jonjo Shelvey is fit and Callum Wilson is fit.”
And Keown, writing in the Daily Mail, feels Wilson can play a huge part in getting Newcastle something out of the game.
“The inclusion of Callum Wilson, if fit enough to feature, will be a major boost,” wrote the Arsenal legend.
“He, more than anyone, will benefit from Saint-Maximin’s twisting and turning and creativity.
“Wilson has that predatory instinct and is a proper No 9 who can wreak havoc with Tottenham’s defence.”
You may also like…
- Tottenham fans react to Oliver Skipp display vs Brentford
- Liverpool fans react as Reds reportedly told to pay £30m for 21-year-old attacker
- ‘A joy to watch’: 12-cap international linked with Crystal Palace has a big fan in Steven Gerrard
- Andrew Robertson says Liverpool have an ‘unbelievable’ talent in their ranks