Talented Arsenal youngster Marcelo Flores has already agreed a five-year professional contract with the Gunners which will be announced in the coming days.
That is according to the player’s father, Ruben Flores, who says the agreement has been reached but cannot be verified until the young winger turns 17 on October 1st.
“He has a contract for the next two years to play in the U-18, but I already have an agreement in which he will sign a professional contract for the next five years with Arsenal,” Flores Sr told Milenio-La Afición. “By UEFA and FIFA rules it cannot be done until October 1 of this year, which is when he (Marcelo) turns 17, but we already have an agreement and an arrangement and surely on October 1 the news will come out that a Mexican signed a professional contract with Arsenal for so many years.
“Now nothing has been said because it will be done until he turns 17 when the presentation can be made, but we are already arranged.”
The agreement of a long-term deal will continue what has been an eye-catching period at London Colney for the young attacker.
In the build-up to Arsenal’s Premier League opener against Fulham, the Mexican trained with the Arsenal first-team for the first time, receiving the call-up from Mikel Arteta whilst several players were absent on international duty.
He went on to start the Under-18 Premier League in style scoring an excellent goal in Arsenal’s opening day 4-2 win over Southampton under-18s earlier this month.
This week, he scored two goals as Arsenal’s under-18s beat Crystal Palace’s young stars 3-2 and it is clear that Flores has the talent to be a genuine star in the future.
Signed from Ipswich Town in March 2019, the versatile attacker is clearly one for Arsenal fans to keep an eye on going forward.