According to the Sunday Times, cited by the Manchester Evening News, Manchester United are preparing a £145 million double swoop for Atletico Madrid pair Antoine Griezmann and Saul Niguez as the poor form of Diego Simeone’s side could see them miss out on Champions League football next season.
The French forward is well known to most European football fans for his goalscoring record but Saul is less well known. The midfielder has been forced to settle for a rotation role in Madrid but has impressed when selected this season and has shown enough to stake a claim for a regular place.
Netherlands manager Danny Blind, father of United defender Daley, has stated that Memphis Depay must leave the club this January for the sake of his career as he said:
“Memphis must make a transfer in January. He is not in the core of the squad. This is why he should move. To Ronald Koeman’s Everton? Koeman knows him best, that can make a big difference. It has come to a stage where it might even be hard for him to get into the Everton side. On the wings at Everton they have players who will be serious competition for him. If those wingers stay, then it won’t be a piece of cake for Memphis to become a regular at Everton.”
A move to Everton was put in doubt with the Toffees reportedly preferring a loan move, which Jose Mourinho has ruled out.
After yesterday’s very late comeback victory over Middlesbrough at Old Trafford, Jose Mourinho spoke out to specifically praise midfielder Marouane Fellaini as he said:
“I’m really happy with Fellaini and the way he played. I’m really happy with his connection with the fans. I think they realised how useful he is and how much he is with the team.”
The Belgian had been criticised and linked with a move away previously, but he could now rebuild his career in Manchester by hitting a good run of form in the upcoming fixtures.
Featured Image: All rights reserved by Bola Mania.