Connect with us

Manchester City round-up: Kompany set to start; club face £35,000 fine; update on injured forward

Manchester City

Manchester City round-up: Kompany set to start; club face £35,000 fine; update on injured forward

Manchester City defender Vincent Kompany is set to start their FA Cup fifth-round tie against Championship outfit Huddersfield on Saturday in a huge boost for Pep Guardiola.

Embed from Getty Images

 

The Belgian has been making his comeback from injury, making one appearance against Crystal Palace earlier this calendar year, and Guardiola will give his captain valuable game-time tomorrow.

The 30-year-old, according to reports in The Mirror, is one of many players set to be given a chance to impress Guardiola with the Spaniard resting key players ahead of Tuesday’s clash with Monaco.

Claudio Bravo could return as he looks to earn his spot back in the starting line-up from Willy Caballero, whilst Jesus Navas, Nolito and Fabian Delph are all expected to feature.

City host the French giants in the last-16 of the Champions League, looking to gain a first-leg advantage ahead of the return leg in Monaco in March.

It’s not all good news at the Etihad, however, as The Sun reports that the club have been fined £35,000 after admitting a breach of anti-doping regulations.

Embed from Getty Images

 

 

Clubs are required to give information on the whereabouts of their players when called upon, but the Manchester club failed to do this three times on three separate occasions.

Manchester City were charged back in January with the offence, and an FA statement back then said:

“Manchester City have been charged in relation to rules on anti-doping.

“It is alleged the club failed to ensure that their ‘Club Whereabouts’ information was accurate, contrary to Regulation 14 (d).”

The regulation says that information has to be kept up to date and accurate.

In more promising news, Manchester City forward Gabriel Jesus has undergone surgery on his broken metatarsal that forced him off against Bournemouth on Monday.

Embed from Getty Images

 

The 19-year-old Brazilian travelled to Spain to get his broken bone operated on, but the Manchester Evening News suggests that Jesus will still be side-lined for up to three months.

This would see the City striker unable to return to action until May, which leaves him in a race against time to get fit again before the end of the season.

Featured Image: All rights reserved by Serg Holohok.

Have something to tell us about this article?
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

More in Manchester City

Popular

To Top