With the Sergio Aguero saga set to rumble on until the end of the season, reports in Italy have claimed that Inter Milan are the next club showing interest in the Manchester City striker.
According to Corriere Dello Sport, Inter believe that Aguero is beginning to get fed up of life at the Etihad after finding himself out-of-favour with Pep Guardiola; and they will look to capitalise on this and bring the Argentinian to the San Siro.
The report also mentions that the relationship between Walter Zanetti, Inter’s Vice President, and Aguero is strong – and with Inter willing to meet Aguero’s financial demands, it’s certainly feasible that they could make a surprise summer move.
The Italian side currently sit 5th in the Serie A table, twelve points behind leaders Juventus.
Manchester City midfielder Fernandinho has played down Gabriel Jesus’ impact at the Etihad Stadium, despite his 19-year-old fellow countryman scoring three goals in four matches.
Jesus scored twice during City’s 2-1 win over Swansea last Sunday, including a last-gasp winner, and has burst on to the Premier League scene with a string of impressive performances.
Yet speaking to the Independent, Fernandinho has warned not to get too carried away with the youngster – who he says will not always be able to keep up this level of performance. He said:
“He has been a professional footballer for just two years, so he is starting very, very, very young.
“I hope he can keep that level at least until the end of the season.
“As a young player you can sometimes drop your level. He can play amazing, but he is good because his mentality is good, on the same level all the time – he is stable.”
Jesus arrived at City having won both Olympic Gold with Brazil at Rio 2016 and the Brazilian league title with Palmeiras in his last season at the club.
Alongside the recent Aguero rumours, Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart has been another player that Guardiola has outcast this season after sending him on-loan to Italian side Torino for the year.
A return to the Manchester City starting line-up on his return is deemed highly unlikely, and fellow Premier League side West Ham have ruled themselves out of the running according to The Mirror.
According to the report, the England number one is allegedly keen to return to England to continue his career – in order to help his international prospects – but Slaven Bilic has said that they have not shown any interest in taking on the City stopper.
“We’re not linked with him. On one hand I rate Joe Hart highly, he’s a great goalkeeper and a great personality.
“I said in every transfer window if there is one position that we are not even thinking about changing that’s the goalkeeping position. I already have two great goalkeepers so that is not the case, no.”
The Hammers had been a potential next club for Hart due to the inconsistent form of both Adrian and Darren Randolph so far this season, but Bilic appears happy with his two goalkeepers.
Featured Image: All rights reserved by Indolivescore.