Manchester City 2012/13 Season Preview
We take a look at Manchester City’s prospects leading up to the new Premier league season.
Manager: Roberto Mancini
Stadium: Etihad Stadium – 47,805
Nickname: The Citizens
2011/12 League Position: 1st
Jack Rodwell – Everton – £12million
Vincent Kompany – City’s captain is arguably the best defender in the Premiership, he’s absolutely vital to the team.
Yaya Toure – The big Ivorian drives City forward with powerful runs and is almost unstoppable.
Sergio Aguero – Aguero finished as the clubs highest goal scorer last season after securing the league title with the last kick of the season. The Argentina superstar had a great first season in the Premier League, expect more of the same this time round.
- Yaya Toure is the key man in City’s team. He sits when they defend and bursts forward when they attack.
- The Champions’ front four will play a fluid formation; floating around and swapping positions during games.
- Aguero should lead the line ahead of Tevez, but Balotelli will be pushing to start.
August 19th Southampton (H), 26th Liverpool (A), September 1st QPR (H), 15th Stoke (A), 23rd Arsenal (H), 29th Fulham (A)
City’s squad is the strongest in the Premier League and they haven’t even bought anyone yet this summer. With this and fewer title race jitters in mind, Mancini’s men are strong obviously the favourites to retain their title this season, but I think United will just beat them to it! 2nd
You may also like…
- Report: ‘Sensational’ Man City ace wants a move to Spanish capital; doesn’t care if it’s which Madrid club
- ‘He can leave’: Some Manchester City fans slam ‘lazy’ world-class’ talent after transfer update
- Jesse Lingard and Shaun Wright-Phillips send messages to Manchester City star on Instagram
- Report: Manchester City titan ‘putting pressure’ on board to leave; wants to join third-place club