Liverpool want to sign 22-year-old attacker who's about to face Fabinho at the World Cup - journalist
The 22-year-old has been included in the Switzerland squad for the tournament which kicks off on Sunday in Qatar.
He could actually come up against Reds anchorman Fabinho, as the Swiss have been drawn in the same group as Brazil.
Journalist Florian Plettenberg has claimed on Twitter that the forward also has interest from Manchester City, who look set to battle Liverpool for Jude Bellingham too.
Okafor could join Liverpool
Salzburg sporting director Christoph Freund has said that he would not rule out a January exit for the attacker: “Okafor really took off last year.
“I hope he plays a good World Cup, then the stock of Noah Okafor can become very interesting. I don’t rule (a January exit) out!“
Plettenberg says it could cost around €35-40 million (£30.7-£35m) to land Okafor, which should be within Liverpool’s reach.
Okafor has scored three Champions League goals this season, including one at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea during Graham Potter’s first game in charge.
According to Calciomercato, the other clubs interested in Okafor are said to include both Leeds and Arsenal, as well as Italian giants AC Milan.
So it would not be plain sailing for Liverpool if they do want him, and a midfielder or two surely seems like a more pressing concern, given the huge money they shelled out on Darwin Nunez this summer.
You may also like…
- Report: Liverpool make move to sign ‘relentless’ World Cup midfielder who left Arsenal three years ago
- ‘I love’: Jude Bellingham shares what Jordan Henderson always does when he makes a mistake for England
- ‘We have’: Liverpool goalkeeper Alisson makes claim about Martinelli after his cameo appearance for Brazil
- Adam Lallana says ‘exceptional’ reported Liverpool target reminds him of Trent Alexander-Arnold