'Liverpool are better, but...': Thomas Muller has just shared his Champions League final prediction
Liverpool take on Real Madrid in the Champions League final tonight and Bayern Munich star Thomas Muller has just revealed his prediction.
Jurgen Klopp and many of his players claim they’ve forgotten about the final in 2018 when Real Madrid got one over them. However, there are players like Mo Salah who are seeking revenge after the heartbreak four years ago.
Liverpool are a much stronger side now compared to the one that lost to Zinedine Zidane’s side at the NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium in Kyiv. They are arguably the favourites going into the game tonight, but you can never write Real Madrid off.
- ‘WHAT I CAN SAY IS…’: ANCELOTTI RESPONDS WHEN ASKED IF REAL MADRID WILL SIGN £34M LIVERPOOL STAR THIS SUMMER
The Galacticos looked set to be knocked out of the competition on multiple occasions this season. However, they clawed their way back and completely deserve to be where they are now.
Thomas Muller shares Liverpool vs Real Madrid Champions League final prediction
Muller, a two-time Champions League winner, knows what it takes to get the job done in the final. He was asked about the big game in Paris tonight, and he fancies Liverpool to get the job done – but only on penalties.
The Bayern Munich star told German outlet TZ: “I’ve had enough time to process it (his side’s defeat to Villarreal). It’s our own fault that we took the chance to play there.
“I have the impression that Liverpool are better, but given what Real Madrid have been up to lately in both La Liga and Champions League, I wouldn’t write them off.
“That’s why I’m betting 2-2 and a penalty shoot-out win for Liverpool.”
- ‘COULD REALLY HURT LIVERPOOL’: MICHAEL OWEN SAYS ANCELOTTI WILL TRY TO ‘EXPOSE’ ONE REDS PLAYER IN CL FINAL
It really will be interesting to see Real Madrid’s approach.
We know Liverpool will play like they always do, but whether the Spaniards will sit back and hit on the counter-attack or try to dominate the game themselves is anybody’s guess right now. We think it’ll be the former.
Liverpool really are the favourites going into the game tonight, but Real Madrid know what it takes to win when they get into a final. They showed that to Liverpool four years ago, and it really won’t be a surprise to see them do the same thing again in Paris later today.
If Muller’s right and the game does go to penalties, we’re in for a treat. We just can’t wait!
- ‘IT’S TRUE’: REAL MADRID’S DANI CARVAJAL MAKES CLAIM ABOUT LIVERPOOL’S £34M MAN AHEAD OF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL
You may also like…
- Report: Nottingham Forest confident of winning race for ‘incredible’ Premier League player
- Report: Arteta wants 22-year-old Arsenal player sold rather than loaned out this summer
- ‘Will fly to England later today’: Phil Hay claims ‘special’ player is about to complete Leeds move
- ‘Matter of final details’: Fabrizio Romano claims Leeds on verge of ‘explosive’ new signing