Liverpool 2012/13 Season Preview
We take a look at Liverpool’s prospects leading up to the new Premier League season.
Manager: Brendan Rodgers
Stadium: Anfield – 45,276
Nickname: The Reds
2011/12 League Position: 8th
Fabio Borini – AS Roma – £11.25m
Joe Allen – Swansea – £15m
Steven Gerrard – Liverpool’s captain has been vital at the club for years. He showed he’s back to top form with his performances at Euro 2012, hopefully he’ll continue this into the new season.
Lucas– The Brazilian midfielder is back from injury and wants to return to last season’s form.
Luis Suarez– The controversial Uruguayan has been Liverpool’s saviour and their biggest headache since signing last summer. On his day, Suarez is an unplayable genius.
- The Reds will line up in a 4-3-3, the formation Rodgers used at Swansea.
- The full backs will be expected to join in with attacking moves.
- Lucas will protect the back four, allowing Gerrard to mastermind attacks.
August 18th West Brom (A), 26th Man City (H), September 2nd Arsenal (H), 15th Sunderland (A), 23rd Man United (H), 29th Norwich (A)
Liverpool haven’t finished inside the top four since 2009, but with Brendan Rodgers in charge, they now have the manager to do it! The reds should improve immediately under the ex-Swansea boss, but will need time to build a squad to suit his style and challenge the top four. 7th
You may also like…
- Report: Premier League club are about to bid more than £15 million for ‘outstanding’ Liverpool player
- Report: Liverpool reject opening bid from PL club for ‘incredible’ Reds player
- Report: Klopp has big faith in ‘special’ 21-year-old Liverpool youngster, doesn’t want to block his path
- Report: ‘Fantastic’ £90m player is ‘more than interested’ in joining Liverpool, with Reds eyeing 2023 move