Laudrup targets Hernandez as a replacement for Sinclair
Having anticipated the departure of Scott Sinclair for some time now, it seems Michael Laudrup has already made moves to replace the Bath-born winger.
Manchester City have reportedly made a fresh bid for the Swansea star after the Welsh club rejected an initial deal worth £6.2 million.
Sinclair, 23, was left out of the Swans squad for Saturday’s home victory against West Ham United and has told the club he will not sign a new contract.
Swans manager Michael Laudrup is set to fill the gap by signing Valencia winger Pablo Hernandez for a reported £5.5m.
Sinclair is expected to be in Manchester this afternoon to undergo a medical, before signing a 4-year-deal at the Etihad.
Laudrup is naturally anxious to replace the 23-year-old, he’s been a key player for the club since he joined in 2010. Valencia’s Hernandez seems like an ideal replacement, at 27, the Spaniard has a wealth of experience and should fit straight into the first team.
Hernandez has a contract at Valencia until 2014 and coach Maurizio Pellegrino was keen to keep him at the La Liga club.
But Swansea appear to have finally got their man, who has previously been linked with Manchester City and Liverpool.
The Welsh side are yet to confirm the agreement but reports in Spain suggest a move is imminent.
The switch will see Hernandez reunited with manager Michael Laudrup, who coached him during their time together at Getafe.
You may also like…
- Report: West Ham join race to sign £41m Manchester City man, Newcastle also keen
- Report: Rangers could face Manchester City competition in bid to bring highly-rated midfielder to Ibrox in January
- Report: Barcelona looking at a third Manchester City player, Guardiola said he is playing ‘incredibly well’
- Report: Seven Barcelona players that could be included in player-plus-cash deal with Manchester City