Journalist says Arsenal staff are 'immensely disappointed' after news which came out this week
Charles Watts claims that he has spoken to Arsenal insiders who say that they are ‘immensely disappointed’ about their tour of the USA being cancelled, on his Youtube channel.
Arsenal announced on Tuesday evening that they would not be able to tour the States, due to positive Covid tests among their travelling party.
The news came as a disappointment to Arsenal fans across the Atlantic, who had been eager to see their side play.
And Watts says that Arsenal’s staff are all devastated with the news that the tour can no longer go ahead.
“[There’s] disappointment at Arsenal as well,” he said. “I was speaking to people at the club today and they are immensely disappointed that they won’t be able to go over there and fulfil their obligations.”
Arsenal’s inability to go to the United States really does hinder their pre-season plans.
Arsenal were due to play two friendlies out there, but the club will now hastily have to arrange pre-season fixtures to try and get their players in shape.
Arsenal only have a limited amount of time before the season starts, and Arteta is under pressure to make a fast opening.
The Gunners disappointed last term and if they do struggle from the off then the pressure could quickly mount on the Spaniard.
It is also worth noting that Arsenal are expected to make a number of changes in terms of personnel this summer, and it could be a challenge to get the side to gel, with their pre-season so badly disrupted.
You may also like…
- Jack Wilshere makes Thomas Partey prediction
- Report: Club decide to reduce player’s asking price by £8m, West Ham, Arsenal and Tottenham are all keen
- ‘100% convinced’: Ozil believes Arsenal have one talent who can become ‘a great player’
- Report: ‘Incredible talent’ could end up staying at Arsenal and playing for Arteta this season