'It’s important': Antonio Conte has some really 'good news' for Spurs fans pre-Marseille
Tottenham Hotspur manager Antonio Conte has revealed that Lucas Moura is returning to training today.
The Spurs forward has been out of action recently with inflammation in his tendon.
Lucas has only made two appearances so far this season – two substitute outings in the Premier League.
The 30-year-old came on off the bench against Southampton and Chelsea.
On Tuesday, Conte held a press conference ahead of the Champions League meeting with Marseille at N17.
The Tottenham boss told the Spurs media team that Lucas was returning to the fold.
He said this was “good news” as the Brazil international is an “important player” for Tottenham.
Speaking to SPURSPLAY after training on Tuesday, Conte said: “We only have one player who we need to recover, Lucas.
“I know tomorrow he is starting training again on the pitch, and that’s good news, because Lucas is an important player for us, especially as we need to have all the players available.
“We are playing every three days and for me, it’s important to have the possibility to make rotations and, at the same time, don’t drop the quality of the starting XI. It’s good news for us that Lucas is going to recover early.”
Although Lucas has struggled for consistency and game time, he is certainly capable of making a big impact with his pace and energy.
With Tottenham fighting on four fronts this season, they have to deal with a very congested fixture list.
Therefore, Conte will need as many options as possible, and Lucas is definitely a great option for his side.
You may also like…
- Collymore reacts to Saka being named England’s player of the year
- ‘What I’m told…’: Romano says January move possible for ‘fantastic’ player Tottenham want
- ‘He will head out’: Journalist now believes £16m Aston Villa man Steven Gerrard hasn’t used this season will leave
- Gold provides update on option in Antonio Conte’s Tottenham contract