How Newcastle stars, Christian Atsu and Ayoze Perez reacted after takeover was confirmed on Thursday
Newcastle announced the £300million takeover of the club on Thursday – and plenty have reacted, including Ayoze Perez and Christian Atsu.
The consortium backing the move rallied this week, after previously failing to reach an agreement in the past. A piracy issue was resolved.
BeIN Sports of Qatar had not broadcasted in Saudi Arabia for four-and-a-half years. But the issues there have now been sorted out.
Meanwhile, the Saudi Arabia PIF have distanced themselves from Saudi Arabia itself – meaning any human rights issues have been quashed.
Obviously, there has been some backlash to the move going through – but ultimately, it has been ratified by the Premier League this week.
What have Perez, Atsu and Newcastle players said to takeover?
The PIF will own an 80% stake, while the Reuben Brothers and Amanda Staveley’s PCP Capital Partners will get 10% each.
Staveley is expected to be the face of Newcastle’s board room going forward. It finally sees the back of Mike Ashley, to the delight of fans.
Given the wealth of the PIF – rumoured to be in the region of £320billion – optimism has returned to the club. Fans rejoiced on Tyneside.
Plenty of players have reacted, too. Isaac Hayden mentioned “cans”, Paul Dummett teased Sunderland – while Atsu and Perez also responded.
You may also like…
- ‘He’s a bit like Messi’: Laurent Koscielny is a big fan of Newcastle’s latest reported target
- ‘No disrespect, but I’m right’: Pundit fires transfer warning to Newcastle’s new owners
- ‘Getting a bit like Spurs now’: Newcastle fans react to Zinedine Zidane reports
- Martin Keown says £20m Newcastle ace ‘can wreak havoc’ against Spurs on Sunday