Guillem Balague has told his official YouTube channel that he expects the Saudi-backed bid takeover looking to oust Mike Ashley at Newcastle United to go through – despite a damning report from the World Trade Organisation.
The Guardian reported on Tuesday that ‘fresh pressure’ had been put on the Premier League to reject the £300million deal – due to the WTO’s findings that Saudi Arabia were in reach of piracy rules against BeIN Sports.
Indeed, Saudi Arabia are accused of failing to tackle the usage of the pirate beoutQ service – which saw the Premier League and World Cup streamed. Such a report is another huge obstacle in a potential takeover.
However, BBC and Sky Sports expert Balague has delivered an update that will delight Newcastle fans – especially following the latest reports. He stated that from what he has heard, a takeover will be given approval.
“The new Newcastle, when everything gets confirmed and everybody expects it to be confirmed to be honest from everything I am reading and from everything I am hearing,” Balague said.
“From what I have been asking, the consensus is that the Premier League will accept the bid. If that is the case, then Newcastle are about to enter a new era.”
TBR’s view – Newcastle need decision soon
Not only have fans been made to wait for the past two months, with news of a takeover initially beginning in mid-to-late April, but the transfer window is closing in – and the Toon will want their new riches for the market.
The summer window is not expected to open until August, but we are little under six weeks until then. Can Newcastle complete a deal before the window is open? Fans will be hopeful after Balague’s update.