Fulham 2012/13 Season Preview
We take a look at Fulham’s prospects leading up to the new Premier league Season.
Manager: Martin Jol
Stadium: Craven Cottage – 25,700
Nickname: The Cottagers
2011/12 League Position: 9th
Mladen Petric – Hamburg – Free
Hugo Rodallega – Wigan – Free
Sascha Riether – Cologne – Loan
Clint Dempsey – Dempsey’s goal record for Fulham is truly impressive. If he decides to stay at Craven Cottage, the club will need more of the same this season.
Mousa Dembele– The Belgian star can play in midfield or as a second striker. He wowed the Fulham fans last season. If Dempsey moves on, much responsibility will be places upon Dembele to keep the team ticking.
Brede Hangeland – The giant centre back is rock solid and a born leader. He’s very important for Martin Jol’s side.
- Fulham playing a fluid formation with Dempsey, Dembele and Ruiz all changing positions.
- Petric is the new target man, Diarra holds in midfield and Duff will look to attack down the wing.
- Riise is a big threat from left back and Hangeland provides a constant danger from set pieces.
August 18th Norwich (H), 25th Man United (A), September 1st West Ham (A), 15th West Brom (H), 22nd Wigan (A), 29th Man City (H)
Martin Jol is a fantastic manager and Fulham have a really well-balanced team! With Dempsey, Dembele and Ruiz pulling the strings in attack, they certainly have the potential for a top 10 finish. 10th
You may also like…
- Report: Chelsea planning Luke Harris move; ready to pay £30m in January
- Six Premier League clubs keen on Maitland-Niles deal – journalist
- Report: Fulham still haven’t matched valuation of player once compared to Neymar, talks to continue today
- Fulham make first move to sign Everton target who once scored last-minute derby goal against them – Sky