Five key statistics ahead of Southampton versus Liverpool
Premier League leaders Liverpool have started the season in scintillating fashion, topping the division thanks to their brutal attack which has propelled them on a nine game unbeaten run.
Southampton, under new manager Claude Puel have had a mixed start to the season. A poor first few games have been followed by a good run, but defeat to Hull City at the KCOM before the international break has set them back.
Here are five key stats ahead of the game:
1. Sadio Mane scored four goals against Liverpool last season
Liverpool paid Southampton £34 million for the pleasure of signing Sadio Mane last summer, and it could make a massive difference in the outcome of the match.
Mane scored four times against Liverpool last season, once in Reds’ 6-1 win in the Capital One Cup, and three times in the league.
The Senegalese’s three league goals came in a 1-1 draw at Anfield and 3-2 win at St. Mary’s, meaning he cost the Reds five points last season.
You may also like…
- Liverpool fans react to Kalvin Phillips’ display in Euro 2020 opener
- ‘Are you taking note Jurgen?’: Liverpool fans react to Xherdan Shaqiri’s Switzerland display
- Liverpool fans react to Youri Tielemans’ Euro 2020 display
- Report: Liverpool want to sign £43k-a-week speed demon; Tuchel and Bielsa also keen