Five key statistics ahead of Crystal Palace versus Manchester City
Manchester City’s phenomenal early season form has been tempered with some average results recently, as Pep Guardiola’s men have slipped to third in the Premier League.
Palace, though, are another team on a bad run, losing their last four Premier League matches.
Here are five key stats to know ahead of this meeting between two under-performing sides.
1. Sergio Aguero is on fire at the start of games
Manchester City’s prolific striker Sergio Aguero has had his niggling injuries this season, but he is still right in the battle for the golden boot, mainly because of the way he starts games.
The Argentine has opened the scoring on five games so far this season, more than any other player in the league.
His form has put City on the front foot on numerous occasions and will be key this weekend.
You may also like…
- ‘Total blessing in disguise’: Some Spurs fans praise Nuno for ‘excellent’ £23m transfer decision
- Report: Nuno ‘personally ended’ Spurs’ interest in £23m-rated talent; London rivals will now sign him
- Report: Palace close to £18m swoop for Euro 2020 star; London rivals looked set to sign him
- Report: Crystal Palace and Leicester quoted £20m for Noni Madueke