Fabrizio Romano has just issued fresh Darwin Nunez transfer update amid Liverpool links
Fabrizio Romano has claimed that Liverpool are plotting an “opening, verbal bid” for Darwin Nunez.
The Anfield outfit has been linked with the Benfica star in recent weeks.
However, Liverpool are far from the only club reportedly eyeing Nunez.
As well as the Reds, the likes of Manchester United are also in pursuit of the Uruguay international.
Earlier on Wednesday, 90Min reported that Liverpool had ‘opened dialogue’ about a move for Nunez.
The outlet also claimed that the Old Trafford outfit was leading the race for the 22-year-old.
Now, Romano has taken to Twitter to share Liverpool’s apparent intent to make their move for Nunez.
The transfer insider also claimed the Reds could be looking to bid €80million (£68.5million) with add-ons.
However, Romano also claimed neither Liverpool nor United would enter into a bidding war.
Liverpool look set to lose Sadio Mane this summer, with Bayern Munich reportedly trying to sign the 30-year-old.
Nunez, who can play both at centre-forward and on the left flank, would be a great shout as a Mane replacement.
With 34 goals and four assists from 41 club appearances last term, he’s clearly ready for a step up.
In addition, 90Min has reported that Nunez has taken a keen interest in how Luis Diaz has settled into life at Anfield.
Diaz also joined from a Portuguese club, and there’s no doubt Nunez will have been impressed with how his former rival has done.
You may also like…
- Journalist says Tottenham are prioritising Raphinha over Richarlison
- Journalist says Arsenal have pulled plug on move for Youri Tielemans
- Report: ‘Incredible’ free-agent Tottenham and Ten Hag want is considering offers from Newcastle and Lampard
- Stan Collymore wants Liverpool to sign Raphinha ahead of Arsenal