Fabrizio Romano: Gabriel Jesus will have his Arsenal medical this morning
Arsenal close in on the signing of Gabriel Jesus from Manchester City, and Fabrizio Romano has just shared a fresh update.
Reports revealed last week that the Gunners agreed a £45 million deal to sign the Brazil international and that he was expected to complete his move to the Emirates at some point this week.
- Jesus to train with Arsenal from Wednesday, Spurs approach £38.8m star and more: Monday’s transfer round-up
Fabrizio Romano says Gabriel Jesus will have his Arsenal medical this morning
Arsenal announced the signing of Matt Turner from MLS side New England Revolution yesterday.
The American is the Gunners’ third signing of the window following the arrivals of Marquinhos from Sao Paulo and Fabio Vieira from Portuguese champions FC Porto.
Jesus is set to be Arsenal’s fourth new addition this summer, and if Romano’s latest update is to be believed, the Brazilian is already in London and will have his medical this morning.
“Arsenal update. Been told Gabriel Jesus will undergo medical tests today morning – he’s already in London, ready to complete his move to Arsenal with official statement to follow. Contracts already completed. Gabriel signs until June 2027. Man City to receive £45m fee.,” Romano tweeted this morning.
Mikel Arteta made Gabriel Jesus his priority transfer target even before the end of last season, and it finally looks like the Arsenal boss has got his man.
Jesus really is a fantastic signing for Arsenal.
The Brazilian is a huge upgrade on Alexandre Lacazette, and with the likes of Bukayo Saka, Gabriel Martinelli and Martin Odegaard around him, there’s every chance he’ll be a huge hit at the Emirates.
If things go as planned, Arsenal could announce Jesus’ signing by the end of the day.
You may also like…
- ‘I think it would work’: Paul Merson questions Arteta’s use of ‘fabulous’ Arsenal player…after just one PL game
- ‘All does not seem well’: Chris Sutton predicts result of Arsenal v Leicester clash
- ‘Of course I like him’: Gennaro Gattuso a big fan of ‘incredible’ £26m star Arsenal reportedly want
- ‘We are trying him’: Arteta has just said one of his new signings has played four positions in training already