Everton 2012/13 Season Preview
We take a look at Everton’s prospects leading up to the new Premier league Season.
Manager: David Moyes
Stadium: Goodison Park – 40,157
Nickname: The Toffees
2011/12 League Position: 7th
Steven Pienaar – Tottenham – £4.5m
Steven Naismith – Rangers – Free
Leighton Baines – Baines was named in the 2011-12 PFA Team of the year – recognition of his importance to the club.
Marouane Fellani– Whether shielding the defence or playing further forward, the tall Belgian offers a muscular yet skilful presence.
Nikica Jelavic – The Croatian striker is a big fan favourite after the impact he made last season. Moyes’ side will be relying on his goals for a top 10 finish next this year.
- Moyes traditionally plays two deep-lying midfielders to protect the back four.
- Everton’s full-backs give the team extra width by hugging the touch line and making attacking runs.
- Osman and Naismith will focus on supporting Jelavic as the lone striker.
August 20th Man United (H), 25th Aston Villa (A), September 1st West Brom (A), 17th Newcastle (H), 22nd Swansea (A), 29th Southampton (H)
Everton have the talent and team spirit to beat any side on their day, but their lack of squad depth means they struggle to deliver for 38 matches. I think a top-six finish might just be beyond them. 8th
You may also like…
- ‘He makes better decisions’: Pundit lauds Everton-linked star who ‘has more quality’ than Doucoure
- Everton transfer news: Fans react to hearing who’s eyeing move for 24-year-old Toffees star
- Fabrizio Romano delivers update on £53k-a-week Everton man, amid reports of uncertain summer
- Everton fans react as Arsenal eye Jonjoe Kenny deal