'Better then Mane': Some Liverpool fans blown away by who Gerrard wants at Villa now
We’re sure you’ve heard about this by now, but it looks like one-time Liverpool superstar Philippe Coutinho is on his way to join Steven Gerrard at Aston Villa.
The Guardian revealed yesterday that the Villans have opened talks with the 29-year-old’s agents, and multiple other outlets claim that a deal could really happen in the very near future.
Coutinho, who Gerrard knows really well, could find his feet again in the Premier League. He could be the man who can push Villa higher up that table, but what do Liverpool fans think about what looks like an imminent move?
Here’s what a few fans of the Anfield club said about Coutinho joining Gerrard at Villa…
Liverpool fans react to Coutinho to Aston Villa links
Good signing for Villa?
Since his big-money move from Liverpool to Barcelona, Coutinho hasn’t really been at his best over a consistent period of games. He has shown flashes of brilliance, but that just hasn’t been enough.
Barcelona have been desperate to get rid of him for a few transfer windows now. It looks like it’ll finally happen.
In Gerrard, Coutinho knows that he has a manager who trusts him. The Brazilian knows that he’ll be given some time to find his feet again, and that could completely change his fortunes.
If Coutinho can become the player he once was, Villa could become a really dangerous side. The transfer is a big risk due to Coutinho’s £380,000-a-week wages, even if Gerrard’s side only have to pay a fraction of it, but it is a risk worth taking in our opinion.
- Gerrard said 31-year-old was ‘the best’ six years ago, now he reportedly wants to sign him for Villa
You may also like…
- ‘Perfection’, ‘the guy is world class’: Some Villa fans hail £25m man’s display today
- Report: Newcastle line up swoop for £15m PL player who’s ‘getting better all the time’
- ‘In this case, we know’: Sky Sports journalist shares Luis Suarez update amid Aston Villa links
- Report: Aston Villa now considering making move to sign ‘extraordinary’ Arsenal player