Despite Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti confirming that Yannick Bolasie is not in his plans, the Toffees winger has praised the Goodison Park boss for treating him “like a human being” again.
Bolasie, who spent last campaign on loan in Portugal with Sporting Lisbon, is yet to make a competitive appearance for Everton this season.
The 31-year-old’s last outing for the Toffees was over two years ago, when he came off the bench in their 3-1 Premier League defeat to West Ham in May 2018.
When asked about Bolasie’s future at Goodison, Ancelotti praised the player’s professionalism and efforts in training
Though the Italian admitted that there is no space for him in the team, he said he can continue training with the team if he’s not able to find a new club before Monday’s transfer window closure.
“Bolasie is doing well, he’s training well and properly. He’s a professional,” Ancelotti is quoted by the Liverpool Echo as saying.
“He is not part of the squad. He can train with us if he’s not able to find a club until the end of the market, and if he stays here of course we are going to train him.
“But I said to him that we have a big squad, and unfortunately there is no space for him.”
Bolasie, responding to a fan’s comment on Twitter, said he hadn’t been let go by Everton, and spoke highly of the Toffees boss.
“Not been let go,” wrote Bolasie. “Spoke with the boss last week, not news for me.
“All I’ll say is the respect I have for him is very high… I’ve finally been treated like a human being again after a few years.
“Football is not as simple as 123…. My work rate & desire will never change.”
Not been let go…i spoke with the boss last week, not news for me
all I’ll say is the respect I have for him is very high…I’ve finally been treated like a human being again after a few years
Football is not as simple as 123….My work rate & desire will never change 💪🏿 https://t.co/faA87z3Nc7
— Yannick Bolasie (@YannickBolasie) October 2, 2020
Bolasie is a talented player for whom it’s sadly not worked out at Everton, and given he’s not part of Ancelotti’s plans, hopefully he’ll be able to seal a move elsewhere and get the first-team football he deserves.
While Ancelotti’s comments may have appeared quite abrupt at first, they are a sign of clear communication – praising the £75,000-a-week man for his professionalism and workrate in training, and also making it clear where he stands.