According to Italian reports, Manchester City are set to miss out on highly-rated Juventus forward Moise Kean as the 17-year-old is set to sign a new deal at the Italian giants in the upcoming months.
City had been keeping an eye – alongside Premier League rivals Arsenal – on the teenager in an attempt to bring him to the Etihad as soon as he turns 18 and is eligible to leave Juventus.
However Italian outlet Calciomercato have reported in the past day that the young striker is set to snub interest from abroad and continue his development as part of Juventus’ youth system.
The report alleges that the Italian giants are willing to keep Kean for as long as possible, with the Italian international already making his first team debut in Serie A this season back in November.
Kean also became the first player born since the turn of the millennium to play in the Champions League, making his European debut as a late substitution against Sevilla in the group stages.
Speaking of Europe’s elite competition, Manchester City midfielder Kevin de Bruyne has said that the current crop of players has the potential to reach the club’s first ever Champions League final this season.
City reached the semi-finals of the competition last season – their best ever finish – before losing out to eventual winners Real Madrid but the Belgian playmaker has set his sights on going one step further.
Talking ahead of their last-16 return leg against Monaco, De Bruyne said:
“I think we can reach the final, but of course the other teams will think the same and that doesn’t make it easier. I think it was important as a team to make the next step. City have had a difficult time in Europe, which is new for this club, but last year we did great in the Champions League.”
“It will be very tough against Monaco. They are doing extremely well at the moment but we are positive and if we beat them we’re through to the quarter-finals, after which the final is not that far away.”
The Citizens will take a 5-3 lead to French giants Monaco on Wednesday evening after a thrilling first-leg encounter at the Etihad Stadium, where City twice came from behind to gain the upper hand in the tie.
Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has also been speaking to the media ahead of his side’s vital clash against Monaco on Wednesday, saying his side won’t leave anything behind on the pitch.
Despite holding a 5-3 lead going into the second-leg, the Spaniard has insisted that his side will set up in an attacking manner and will go to win the match – not sit on their two-goal advantage.
Speaking on Tuesday evening, Guardiola said:
“It’s the only way I know and it’s going to be another fantastic game. Monaco are a team created to attack and our team is created to attack – or at least to score. So in that way it will be a great game.”
Goals from Raheem Sterling, John Stones, Leroy Sane and a Sergio Aguero double ensured that City left the Etihad to travel to Monaco with a handy lead in the tie.
Featured Image: All rights reserved by Oliveroliu.