Apr 17, 2017
267 Views
Comments Off on Manchester City round-up: Hart update; Guardiola to avoid English talent; Premier League rivals want Vincent Kompany

Manchester City round-up: Hart update; Guardiola to avoid English talent; Premier League rivals want Vincent Kompany

Written by

According to reports in The Sun over the weekend, Torino have ruled out signing out-of-favour Manchester City goalkeeper Joe Hart on a full-time deal due to his expensive price tag.

Since falling out with Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola during pre-season Hart has been on a season-long loan at the Serie A side, and Torino boss Sinisa Mihajlovic had previously expressed interest in keeping the England number one on a permanent basis once the current campaign comes to an end.

Yet the report suggests that the Italian side are no longer in the running to keep Hart as Torino can’t afford his transfer fee, leaving the goalkeeper’s future in the balance still.

Speaking yesterday, Mihajlovic said: “Hart would like to stay at Torino but we know – the club and him too – that we can’t buy him.

“At the most, we can take him on loan for another year, but it depends on what Manchester City want to do and what he wants too.”

Hart has made 30 appearances in Serie A this season as Torino have staked a claim for a top half of the table finish, keeping five clean sheets in the process.

READ MORE:  Kevin De Bruyne, poetry in motion, holds the key to Manchester City's title ambitions

With one England international seemingly destined for an Etihad exit, Pep Guardiola has allegedly ruled himself out of going for young British talent during the upcoming transfer window.

The Daily Mail claim that Manchester City’s sporting director, Txiki Begiristain, has said that English players that possess the quality to improve the City squad will prove to be too difficult to sign.

City had previously shown growing interest in Tottenham trio Danny Rose, Kyle Walker and Dele Alli, as well as Burnley defender Michael Keane, but reports suggest City will now look elsewhere to strengthen.

The current British contingency at the Etihad – Raheem Sterling, Fabian Delph and John Stones – were all signed from Premier League sides that weren’t playing Champions League football at the time of a deal being done, and Begiristain claims that this made them far easier to secure.

Meanwhile, Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany has been linked with rival Premier League clubs after his future in Manchester remains up in the air.

READ MORE:  Kevin De Bruyne, poetry in motion, holds the key to Manchester City's title ambitions

The Mirror report that West Ham and Everton are currently leading the way in a battle for the experienced Belgian defender, with a host of other sides growing in interest too.

The 31-year-old has struggled with injuries over the past two seasons – only managing five Premier League appearances so far this campaign – but he returned with a solid display against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge a fortnight ago before scoring the opener against Southampton on Saturday.

Pep Guardiola is yet to assure Kompany that he’s part of the future plans at the club, despite sustaining Kompany’s captain status this year, and will decide once the current season finishes.

Featured Image: All rights reserved by Indolivescore.

Article Categories:
Manchester City · Transfer Round-up

Comments are closed on this article.